Monday, June 29, 2020

Over in England

My first blog in like 10 years. I am thinking of restarting this...
Here I am back in England at the time of the pandemic. A new chapter is here, and another is soon to begin.
People over here don't appear to approach this thing quite as seriously as in Jamaica, but then again they have not been given the orders.
I am thinking mainly of wearing face masks in public. Over here, people are only told that they must wear them on public transport. Nowhere else. You go into a supermarket and virtually no one is wearing one.
In Jamaica on the other hand, you will not be allowed into a supermarket on any store without wearing a mask. And you will probably be given some hand sanitizer at the door.
This morning I went into a little corner shop to buy some almond milk (they only had soy) wearing my mask. Another maskless guy who was in the store saw me, saw my mask, stopped dead in his tracks and went the other way.
But if he was in a supermarket walking around with everyone not wearing a mask, he would have had no problem.
Until he got the disease that is.
So virtually no one wears a mask here, and its got nothing to do with being a Republican or a Democrat. So what if 43,000 people are dead. Its not going to happen to them for a variety of reasons.

No comments: